Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Soooo, here we go!


Bienvenue, welcome to my very first blog attempt! It's a grey day here in Cambridge with a bit of snow coming down, but customers have been coming in to take advantage of the special that I have on Quebec cheeses (10% off!) in honour of the very first gold medal won on Canadian soil by Canadian, Alexandre Bilideau at the Winter Olympics in Vancouver! Alex is from our belle province, Quebec and we are all so very proud of him and all of our atheletes at the Olympics - Go Canada Go! Yesterday, Maelle Ricker of Vancouver won the gold in Women's Snowboard Cross - not sure how to honour her achievement yet as I don't have any cheeses from BC, not that they don't have a fantastic artisanal cheese industry (I'm thinking here of Saltspring Island in particular and their beautiful chevre -hot pepper, mushroom and some that have delicate little flowers on the top, so perfect for the cheese board) it's just that they are pretty expensive by the time they get to Ontario and I'm not sure that my customers would buy they with or without a discount - but don't worry Maelle, I'll come up with something!

No comments:

Post a Comment