Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue!

OK, yes I admit it - I am  so excited about Prince William and Kate Middleton's upcoming wedding.  I got up in the wee hours of the morning to watch Diana and Charles' wedding (not so for the wedding of Charles and Camilla, but 'nough said about that) and I will be doing the same this Friday!  So with that in mind, I thought that I would remind you that there are frozen scones here at "C'est Cheese Please!" - Raspberry Lemon and Orange Cranberry ($11.98 for 6 large scones).  There is also MacKay's Lemon Curd which I thought would be great with the Raspberry Lemon scones and Lime Curd which would go with the Orange Cranberry scones very well - $7.50 for a 340g jar.  Or if you prefer, there is a selection of Greaves jams - peach, plum and black currant at $2.50 for a mini pot.  Now you just have to pour yourself a cuppa, sit back and enjoy the spectacle!

One of the touching things that this couple have done is to request donations in lieu of gifts and they have selected a number of charities that have missions that resonate with them.  In Canada, they have selected the Canadian Coast Guard Auxiliary, so in honour of their wedding, 10% of sales this week will be donated to this organization.

Best Wishes Will and Kate!

Bon Appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment